If Useful Please Donate
Where to Find Help for iSight
As mentioned in the Title box - there are pages that were written a little while ago by EZ Jim, a poster on the Apple Discussions who contributed to iSight and iChat Discussions. The words the following pages are EZ Jim's
Use the the Information Column Menu for EZ Jim's pages
Where to Find Help for iSight:: This page was written for External iSight. THIS TOPIC has more specifics about the new Built-In iSight. ::
You can check your iSight using the hints in How to test your iSight to ensure it is functional in the EZ Jim's iSite Topics.
Here are some sources you can use to get help if your iSight has problems:
iSight Users Guide (Manual) that came in the box with your iSight. You can also download the current one from: http://images.apple.com/support/isight/iSightUserGuide.pdf
Mac Help -- from your Finder, open help and type your question in the search oval.
Help in the Application you are using to drive your iSight. With your app open, chose the "Help" menu and type your question in the search oval.
- Apple's iSight product page
- Apple's iSight Support Link.
- Apple's iSight: FireWire connectivity frequently asked questions (FAQ) Link.
- Apple's Tech Support Article entitled iSight: How to Troubleshoot.
- Apple Developer Connection iSight Programming Guide.
- Web sites like iVideochat (and other video chat sites) may have unique requirements. The site FAQs or Help links should give you the best answers for compatibility, configuration, and operating questions about these sites.
- Several Topics related to Using iSight at EZ Jim's iSite Topics
- You can find information specifically related to using iChat AV with your iSight at Using iSight with iChat AV.
- You can search for info on the world-wide web, Apple Discussions , or iSight Discussions.
Apple's iSight Service: Frequently Asked Questions
You can also post a new topic at iSight Discussions and wait for someone to answer it. This will take more work on your part, and it takes longer to get an answer, but it works if you cannot get help any other way. Include information which would help better answer your question such as: Mac model and speed, Camera details, application(s) you are using to drive your camera, what you have already tried in order to solve the problem, and specifics of your question.
Made on a Mac®
© 2005, 2006 EZ Jim
Updated September 2006
© 2005 Ralph Johns: Edited 24/9/2005, 5/5/2006
Updated September 2006. Moved to Gargoyles Mar 2007
EZ Jim's iSight Stuff
Made on a Mac®
Plain Text links to related Pages
For Screen Readers